1. These are the terms and conditions of Southern Cross Dental Laboratories Ltd (CN N1045484) trading as Southern Cross Dental (herein after referred to as ‘SCD’ ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘it’).
2. We reserve the right to add to, delete or change these terms at any time. Any changes to our terms and conditions will be published on our website at www.scdlab.co.uk and you should refer to the website from time to time for any such changes.
3. Any instruction received by SCD from the customer for the supply of goods and services shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
4. Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the customer, the terms and conditions are binding and can only be amended with the written consent of SCD.
5. SCD reserves the right not to accept an order for goods and services from a customer.
6. Credit is provided to the customer at the sole discretion of SCD, and can be withdrawn at any time. SCD reserves the right to request payment in advance from a customer.
7. The price of the goods and services provided shall be detailed in writing by SCD to the customer. Prices are subject to change without notification. A current price list can be obtained from SCD Customer Service.
8. VAT and other taxes shall be added to the price, in accordance with relevant legislation.
9. Where credit has been provided by SCD, invoices are due for payment thirty (30) days from statement date. Any balances outstanding over 30 days may incur interest and administration charges.
10. Payment can be made by credit card, electronic funds transfer or cheque. American Express credit cards are not accepted.
11. The customer is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of jobs sent to SCD for processing. SCD takes no responsibility for jobs that are delayed, damaged or lost in transit to SCD.
12. Normal turnaround times for jobs range from 10 working days, depending on product, from when SCD receives the parcel. This is conditional on there being no delays as a result of factors beyond our control. Cases may take longer than the standard turnaround time where there are technical queries from the SCD technicians, potential problems to discuss, or where photographs are requested by the customer. Procera and Implant cases take longer to manufacture.
13. SCD is responsible for the delivery of completed work back to the customer.
14. SCD will only make delivery of completed work to the business address of the customer. SCD will not deliver completed work to a residential address.
15. SCD offers a guarantee on all crown and bridge work (except veneers, inlays or onlays) for any fractures or defects that occurred as a result of the manufacturing process (Guarantee).
16. Where SCD agree to replace the product, the new item will be made to the identical specification as the original product. Substitute materials will not be accepted. The Guarantee is subject to the following conditions.
a. The Guarantee is valid for the following products only (Products) from date of original invoice to the customer for the period specified below:
b. The damaged Product must be returned to SCD for inspection.
c. SCD will assess the Product to determine, in its sole judgement, whether a full or partial refund, or replacement product will be provided.
d. The Product will be remade for the customer in accordance with clause 16c, except that semi-precious or high precious metals or new components for implant cases will be charged for.
e. The Guarantee extends to the replacement Product provided except where, in the opinion of SCD, the material selected by the customer has a higher than usual chance of fracture or defect.
17. SCD reserves the right to void the Guarantee if, in its sole judgment, the damage to the Product has not been caused as a result of the manufacturing process.
18. There is no written guarantee on removable prosthodontics such as dentures/splints or any other product supplied by SCD.
19. The Guarantee is offered to dentists who have sourced the Products from SCD and is not intended to exclude or limit any rights or remedies a consumer may have under consumer law in the United Kingdom.
20. SCD will provide goods or services to the customer based on the order sheet provided by the customer, and may from time to time discuss the case with the customer through email, telephone or in person. The customer acknowledges that such discussions, and any representations by SCD, should be used merely as a guide rather than a definitive recommendation to adopt any specific action or treatment. Nothing transmitted in the course of such discussions shall constitute the establishment of a doctor-client-patient relationship between the customer and SCD. Responsibility for the diagnosis of a medical condition, and for the prescription of treatment planning or medicines, rests solely with the customer.
21. These Terms are governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. No action or proceeding may be commenced or maintained in relation to the website, our Products and Services or these Terms except in a court of appropriate jurisdiction in the United Kingdom.