- Location: GC Europe Campus, Leuven Belgium.
- Date and Time: Friday 8th September 2023 (8:30am – 6.00pm)
- Speakers: Prof. Marleen Peumans, Dr. Taco Kwee, Dr Marie-Pierre Moulin-Romsee and Mr Menno Arkenstijn.
- Course Fees: The Registration Fee for the event is £350/€399 (incl. coffee breaks & lunches). Optional accommodation at the Pentahotel, Leuven, is not included and will be charged at £120/€139 (excluding VAT) per night.
Upon attending this hands-on course, you will have furthered your understanding of the following key areas:
- Learn how to plan and include clear aligners as part of minimal invasive ABC treatment.
- Improve your approach to bleaching with modern tooth whitening techniques.
- Develop your understanding of Composite Injection and participate in a Hands-On training session.
Join us and dental professionals from across Europe to learn and improve your clinical experience at a world-renowned training centre in Belgium*.
Patients requesting minimally invasive and aesthetic restorative procedures are ready to embrace orthodontics as the first step in their restorative treatment. In particular, they are happy to accept clear aligner therapy combined with other restorative procedures. As a result, today’s General Dentists are required to be competent in undertaking orthodontic assessments and planning treatments accordingly.
This professional educational event bridges the gap between Ortho and Resto in a Single Treatment Plan and takes an interdisciplinary approach where clear aligners are the foundation of minimally invasive restorative treatment.
*Please note that dentists who wish to attend will be responsible for booking their own travel to and from Leuven.
- 08.00 – 08.30: Transfer to GC Headquarters.
- 08.30 – 08.45: Welcome and Introduction.
- 08.45 – 09.45: TrioClearTM Clear Aligner Therapy by Dr. Marie-Pierre Moulin-Romsee.
- 09.45 – 10.15: TrioClearTM Practical – Attachment Placement.
- 10.15 – 10.30: Break.
- 10.30 – 11.30: Bleaching / Whitening Techniques by Mr Menno Arkenstijn.
- 11.30 – 12.30: Case Presentation: Combination Treatment Example by Dr. Taco Kwee
- 12.30 – 13.30: Lunch
- 13.30 – 15.00: Understanding Composite Injection by Prof. Dr. Marleen Peumans.
- 15.00 – 15.15: Break.
- 15.45 – 17.30: Practical Hands-on Composite Injection Session by Prof. Dr. Marleen Peumans.
- 17.30 – 18.00: Q&A and Closing Comments.
Professor Marleen Peumans
Professor Peumans obtained her degree in dentistry in 1987 from the Catholic University of Leuven. She then followed a four-year Postgraduate course in the department of Operative Dentistry. She mainly focused on the clinical application and performance of anterior and posterior resin composites, bonded ceramic restorations, fibre-reinforced composite restorations and bleaching. She has participated in numerous clinical studies on dental adhesives, posterior composites and ceramic veneers/inlays/onlays. In 1997, she obtained her Doctor of Medical Sciences degree. From 2004, she has been a Professor at the Catholic University of Leuven. She has several national and international publications to her credit on clinical performance of adhesive restorations and bleaching. She is part of the Bio-Emulation team.
Dr. Taco Kwee
Dr Kwee is a Dental Implantologist recognised by the NVOI. He studied dentistry at the Catholic University Nijmegen, where he graduated in 2004 at the age of 24. He started his 1st practice in Amsterdam in 2007, followed by a further practice in Uithoorn in 2014. Since 2016, he has focused on reconstructive(restorative) dentistry in addition to implantology. He is currently in the final phase of his training as a Restorative Dentist NVVRT. Besides all this, Taco is a guest fellow at ACTA and a volunteer at the Kruispost in Amsterdam. There, he supervises dental students in performing consultations and extractions on people who do not have access to regular oral care.
Dr. Marie-Pierre Moulin-Romsee
Dr Moulin-Romsee graduated as a dentist in 1996 at the Catholic University of Leuven. After a specialization in orthodontics, she started her own ortho clinic in Belgium. In 2017 she was also active as an internship supervisor at the Catholic University Leuven dental department.
In the meantime, she followed different certification courses and congresses on aligner therapy, and she became a specialist in this type of orthodontic treatment. With this experience she started at Modern Dental Europe in 2021 as the TrioClear Clinical Advisor for dentists across Europe. She is responsible for the education, clinical support and product development of this clear aligner brand.
Mr Menno Arkenstijn
Dental Hygiene (SOM Amsterdam).
Dental Hygienist in various dental clinics.
Producer & Sales: Television Media.
Consultancy & Sales: Preventive, Restoratives & Endodontics – Dentsply Sirona.
Area Manager Europe: Cavex Holland bv.